Tuesday, July 21, 2009

So I'm on a mission to reorganize my life. Or, rather, buy lots of awesome shit to distract myself with.

I like to shop. It's one of those strange things I picked up from my mother. I like to look, to think, and imagine if I could use whatever item I'm holding. Which makes shopping with me damn near impossible, because I will look AT EVERYTHING, much to the annoyance of my family. (Except my dad, of course. He put up with my mom shopping. Well, and my cousin.)

I really miss her in those moments. Picking something up and saying, "Do I really need this/can I really use this?" The answer isn't always "yes". The key to shopping is really that question, the notion that you could look at something and not buy it. I also miss the marathon shopping trips. Those were so much fun.

It's times like these that I realize that I'm not a completely impulsive shopper. I carefully research things and will buy something if I can use it. On the downside of this, it can get expensive. But I'm aware of that, and rarely go above the budget that I set for myself. If I over spend, I don't over spend by a lot. And though I have a high credit card limit, I make sure that I don't go over a certain amount.

I suppose writing this out makes me feel better about my next major purchase: a PS2.

I am such a nut.

No comments: