Saturday, July 18, 2009

One of the most interesting things about Clueless is that she is extremely gullible. I mean, to the point that it's painful to watch her get suckered because it's blatantly obvious that she's being played. Of course, I say nothing, because it won't change her mind - she'll repeat it as fact.

So someone sent her a news story about how Obama's plan will outlaw private insurance. That claim seems dubious at best, probably an outright lie at worst. There wasn't a link to any kind of proposal or anything that would provide evidence for this claim.

But something about the website triggered something. I'd heard of that publication before but I couldn't pin down from where. Of course, we were busy, and I forgot to look it up while at work, so I looked it up this morning.

When the "Left" viewpoint includes the extremely delusional Richard Cohen, it's a right-wing conservative propaganda machine. And then it clicked - Sadly, No! That's where I knew it from, the delicious mocking of wingnuts.

I might try to explain it to her, and let her know that it's probably just an opinion piece that has no relation to things like reality or facts, but she probably won't believe me.

She is one of those people for whom the motto "If I saw it on the internet, it must be true" applies. I don't know how she's survived this long.

No comments: