Friday, July 03, 2009

So I went up to Walgreens to buy cigarettes, because I was bored and I really wanted to do something. So I wandered around like I normally do. I made my purchases, some nail stuff, 'cause I think I'm gonna do my nails this weekend, and cigs, and soda.

I did not want to go back home. I was bored.

So I drove around. It really does amaze me that we don't have anything other than fast food joints, bars, and drug stores that are open late.

I remember staying out late in my favorite coffee shops, being able to have fun without drinking. I didn't start going to bars until I was 23. Now, there's nothing fun. I mean, bars can be fun, but I'm really fucking tired of drinking alone. I hate dance clubs with a passion. I want there to be a late night coffee shop, something that doesn't involve lots of food. God, I wish Gameworks had come here. At least then I could have a bit of fun playing video games. Seriously, we need something like that.

My thoughts on this are nothing new...I remember being a teenager and feeling this way. I certainly wasn't going to hang out at the mall - that just seemed really stupid. And I didn't have any money to spend anyway. Coffee was cheaper and I could drink gallons of it while I wrote my stories and poems and smoked.

And as I continued driving, I realized I was close to where I'd gone to high school. So I turned down the street, and entered the school grounds. (I have a creepy iPod, as when I turned into the driveway, it played "Doesn't Remind Me".) It's really changed, looks so much more modern now. Also, they added a auditorium. That would have been nice when I was doing the drama thing.

The thing about high school is, I'll share funny stories of high school, and high school antics, but I don't really like sharing where I went. If I'm in a jovial mood, maybe I'll tell someone. But somehow it just seems so strange to declare that I went to an all-girls private Catholic high school. Same for admitting that I have a college degree as well. It just seems strange, like that was so long ago in another lifetime, like the whole decade of my twenties never happened.

I've always grown up middle class, but I remember bits and pieces of my younger years, and we weren't that well off. And the people I tend to meet seem to be put off my background. Well, some of the people I meet, anyway. I've known people whose parents were extremely rich but either treated their children like crap or their children were assholes. I didn't spend time slumming around Europe or at a boarding school or anything like that. But we also had enough money for me to go to Germany for three weeks, and get a used car that I shared with my brother. We weren't poor nor were we rich.

And after I drove around, I drove back home. I'm still bored, and all I have is a bottle of tequila. I could drink all of the tequila in the world but it wouldn't be what I really want - absinthe. It's too expensive to order in a bar (for the one bar that I know serves it), and I don't quite have the money to really justify buying it. Perhaps for my birthday I will. I will have to develop superhuman powers of resistance because I will want to drink the whole bottle.

Well, off to bed. Might as well. Maybe I'll try my hand at sewing again tomorrow, after I do my nails.

No comments: