Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"Oh, so it's just going to be me and the guys."

"Ah, so you're taking a mancation?"

I had an umbrella in my hand. A very large umbrella, with a metal tip, great for poking out eyes. "Mancation"? Shut. The. Fuck. Up. Of course, if I had poked her in the eyes, I probably would have been fired.

But I really, really thought long and hard about it.

I really, really hate these stupid cutesy words. "Bromance" is another that gets on my nerves. Just stop. If I ever meet the people who come up with these asinine terms, I will kill them. People have been taking vacations for a very long time now, whether it's the family vacation, vacations with friends, or just a vacation alone. I don't even want to know what the female equivalent is called, because I guarantee you, it'll be equally stupid. I really wanted to fucking punch something after hearing the word "mancation". Instead, I got breakfast.

I could see if the word was used ironically, in some kind of joking way. But no. It was used as an actual concept. Really, I think if the waters start to boil and we all die off, it won't be soon enough to stop these stupid words from being used.

I say let the cockroaches take over. We're done.

No comments: