Friday, July 31, 2009

I'm still mad at last week.

It's now the running joke in my department, though, about one nasty person I got on my phone. Normally, when people are nasty, they are just frustrated with something like the process or the decisions that we've come to. It's rarely ever personal and I treat it as such because I understand that they're not mad at me.

Oh, but last week it was personal. "I don't have this problem with everyone else, just you." I was speechless, only because I was doing my job according to our procedures. I wasn't doing anything different than anyone else was doing, considering we all work with the same guidelines. I had to be silent, otherwise I would have said, "Are you implying that my coworkers are not doing their job? Because that's what I think you just said." I didn't say that though, and now I live in terror of getting this person because I might say non-department approved things like, "Oh, let me transfer you to someone else" once the person gives me their name or "I don't take kindly to people implying that my coworkers don't work" or something rather snarky.

Which, of course, leaves out the fact that the person doesn't call us prepared with the information that we need. We need certain information, and if don't have it, we can't help the person. Most people understand this, and take notes as to what information we need and call back. I wonder what makes Snowflake think it's any different for them?

I need a new job.

No comments: