Saturday, May 16, 2009

Storm
The storm begins-
A solitary drop on the pavement,
Beckoning to the rest,
A suicide mission of sorts.
Then a few more test the waters,
And the rain pours down.
I stand there wondering, longing,
To dance with the rain.
I jump into a puddle;
I'm done for, the seductive dance
Of the rain pulls me in.
I jump and I leap
I twirl and I laugh
I lift my face skywards
As the rain washes away
My hate, my hurt,
And everything that is wrong with me
Drips slowly to the ground
And dies there, absorbed by the Earth.
The rain lessens, the drops tire
of their little game.
I stand, rain-drenched, amid the water-
Water that is filled with pain and loneliness,
My hurt and my hate.
The sun shines again, the puddles will dry.
And I find, now, that I can live
For another day of rain.

No comments: