Friday, May 22, 2009

So I was thinking of ring references (I'm still laughing!), and I remember a really fucking obscure one that only one other person I know will ever get, and I'm not telling him this thought.

Even better, it's a really obscure B5 reference: in the pilot, Delenn is speaking with G'kar, and she opens this thing, which reveals a set of rings that cause pain. Now, if I had a ring that could do THAT, that would be awesome.

Which brings me to my non-geekiness. It was always a hilarious joke between Mr. Asshat and myself. I'd make a joke or share a thought, and he'd go, "You're such a geek." "No, I'm not!" "Oh, how could you! You are really a geek." And we'd "argue" like this for awhile. "Hey, I'm not the geek here. You are. I wouldn't have ever known this had you not told me/introduced me to B5/brought it up first!" It was amusing. Much better than the actual emo fights. ("Why the hell do you have a heart carved in your hand?" [Something about remembering someone, it was kinda bizarre in the get-me-a-fainting-couch kinda way.] "Why would you do that? Really, don't you think that's a bit extreme?" LeSigh.)

God, I'm such an asshole. But at least I don't hang out of car windows and yell at a "fattie". That's when I wish my car came with an eject button. That would have made a very awesome night TOTALLY FREAKIN' AWESOME.

No comments: