Wednesday, August 14, 2002

Just Another Damn Nugget

A hypothetical question (among other questions, and this is the point where I said "I'll think about it") was asked of me and I'm not sure how to respond to it. I have this thing where I have to avoid tough questions. Given the situation, part of me wants to say, "Go ahead, do whatever you want, why are you even asking because it's not my decision" (if, in fact, there was that implication there). But then there's the other part waving flags, shooting off flares and pointing to a warning sign. "There are things here," it says, "that you don't want to get into. Give it up and move on, even if it's worth it to stay, even if you care deeply enough that you'd chase crack whores away, even if it means more to you than you'd ever say. You're a loner, remember? There's more than one out there...dime a dozen. You're being forced to share an opinion that is better left unsaid. Remember the last time you got the goofy idea to say anything? Yeah, I know you do. Just keep that in mind. We won't let you forget that. All it boils down to is that you're just a silly girl with silly ideas in her head and no way to ever know if anything's mutual. Don't you get it? It's all in your head. Now, be a good girl and have another shot." How does one combat such brilliant negative arguments like that? Oh, and if it isn't that: "You know everything comes to an end. It's better if you make it sooner than later. Face it, you're the only one who decides if you're happy or not. So fucking be happy alone already. We're getting tired of these little games and stupid emotions." So on go the pair of headphones to drown out that noise. Which doesn't really leave time to think about other things, such as phrases in German, spoken to me while I'm drunk, probably to ensure that I'll forget what was said. Just like that hypothetical question. I'm inclined to play Bar Mouse with this and spend the rest of my days at the Palace of Rock. But then, that's not what I want at all. What I want is the ability to be able to say all of this without the fear that I'll be immediately asked to leave. Totally irrational, I know, but hey...I am crazy, rememeber?

Note to L: You're my favorite skrew. Hehehehehe.

No comments: