Wednesday, May 22, 2002

Just a Nugget

Oh, well. I've given up on the boys for now. I'm just in the mood to sit and read, even if it is at the bar. No more boys for me. Instead of blazing a trail, I've blazed a path, and I'm done with it. Unfortunately, I'm beginning to like The Artist more than I should. Part of the reason why I hate being the confidante of so many other people is because if my feelings change, I'm trapped by outside forces that are less mature than me. The issue isn't really whether or not people like me, the issue is jealousy and the ability of the person to spread rumors. There are rumors going around about me...some are true, some are false, and it's all cool. (I always keep an ear for what others are saying about me. Most of it is harmless or I just don't care.) But I don't want revealing personal truths spread out over the coffee shop. Who I sleep with--yes, my business, no one else's, but I don't care if anyone knows. It does not bother me. What bothers me is that I told someone something in complete confidence and it was told to someone else I didn't even know. Luckily, the information wasn't all that embarassing, so I wasn't too mad. Oh, well.

No comments: