Saturday, May 04, 2002

Funny, Ain't It?

"You know," she said to me, after I described my delusions, "that sounds a lot like this one girl I knew. She said the same things...and she was schizophrenic. Wow. You sound just like her. It's like, a special type of it though."

So maybe I'm one of the people who's crazier than you. I love votes of confidence. But I'm not crazy:

"Really?" I replied. "Maybe she didn't have a mental illness at all."

"No, she did. It was some certain type. I can't remember what it was."

"You don't get my point. Maybe she was psychic or clairavoyant and they slapped that label on her. Chances are she probably wasn't ill at all. Because these things happen to me; they are real. It's something I can't help, it's something that I've lived with...."

Bar conversations can be very interesting.

No comments: