Wednesday, February 06, 2002

Drink More Tang!

School. Work. School. Work.
The endless life of a student. Hopefully it ends in May. If it doesn't, I swear, I quit. It doesn't help that I'm exepected to work overtime...I have this much time [ ] for anything anymore. Ah, such is life. I remember when I wanted to be a grown-up. Or at least an adult. How funny that adulthood looked so enticing when I was twelve.

It also doesn't help that one of my friends never talks to me anymore. He's always leaving when I arrive. That really bothers me somehow. Worse yet, I act as if it doesn't matter...such is the plague of being Scorpio. But since he's Scorpio too, he knows. At least, I hope my pointedly hostile glares and intentional ignorance of his presence get through to him.

I was at Classic Country Music Night this Monday. Heaven forbid, Craig might not be doing it anymore. I nearly cried, the news was so sad. (Now, I know that you're reading this with the thought: "Wow, she really is a drunk!" but humor me. I always have a good time when I go. If there is no more Classic Country, I won't go to the bar on Monday. Drinking alone and staring at the television in the bar just isn't as fun as a bunch of people singing drunkenly. And where else would I get to see yuppie ski sweaters? Oops, did I say that...?)

By the way, is it a genetic disposition of men to think that they're dying when they have the flu? I don't know about you, but I know what the flu is, and I know when I have it. I also know that I should drink lots of fluids and stay away from diuretics like coffee and soda. I've known this information from age twelve. Is it so hard to remember? Well, several of my friends went to the hospital for it, and I think that men purposly wait until they are in such bad shape (from anything) that they require hospitalization. Why do I think this? Out of all of the males that I know, quite a few liked the fact that nurses (usually women) took care of them. Ah, yes, we women have come this far to realize that men are still pigs. (I'm sorry. The Feminist Radar perks up when I hear about the hospital stays. And I'm sure not all men are like this, just the ones I know.)

Oh, and to stay healthy, drink lots of Tang. It's good for you.

No comments: