Wednesday, February 13, 2002

For James
My world is here friend, amid the streets and the trash and the drink and the drugs...But I am one who merely observes the way in which humanity struggles. My own right to struggle has been shadowed by those whose lives are worse than mine. My problems are my own as is the case with the world that we have our own worlds to deal with no thought of what is outside of our heads...But then I catch a glimpse of the outside and I wonder what we are missing when we are hiding inside our heads. I pray and I preach to lonely masses with problems out of concern not for any deity but for humanity and our survival. My tools wouldn't fit in the smallest trinket box but they are too large to store in a warehouse...And armed with these reminants of everyone's being I try to help those who are desparately seeking a path to enlighten themselves out of their state. But where Soul can prevail the logic takes over to justify just one more drink...The logic in hand is faulty no less but Soul has learned not to argue with Head and again Soul takes refuge in an inconspicuous spot of the brain, sighing and knowing that once again it has failed. I wait for the moment in somebody's life when Soul stands up to Head and with loud reverberating candor says, "I for one have had enough, you rule no more, now it is I that you must contend with." And then an interesting transition occurs where Soul runs naked through the streets and the alleys in sheer terror and joy, the crying laughter echoing upon city walls. Soul is free once again but Head waits patiently and logically to make a move of its own, just when Soul can't handle the practical matters that Head does with indifference. It eventually happens, over and over again, this pendulum swing of logic and feeling...Those who are lucky will have the pendulum balance itself and for those who are not lucky, they will endure with the struggle. At any one moment in time, at any one moment in space, life will change and the unlucky ones try to battle it out but they fail to see their struggle within and only when these unlucky souls realize that any one moment in life is temporary will they unlock the key to their misery and live with the world outside of their head.

No comments: