Friday, August 21, 2009

You know, I'm a nice person. I give people the benefit of the doubt. I say it's okay, when it sometimes really isn't, just because it's not fair to hang my shit on other people.

You would have thought that my cousin, us being peas in a pod, practically grew up together as sisters, laughed through horrible boyfriends and failed engagements, supported each other, would at least, at some point during the week, at least fucking text me herself that she had gotten engaged last weekend.

I mean, it's really no surprise. They had wanted to get married before the baby came but didn't. Now that things have calmed down some for them, they're getting married. But he formally proposed to her, and nary a word? Do I really mean that little? And I could care less if I'm not the maid of honor, because that shit doesn't matter to me...I mean, I'd be honored, but I'm not going to expect it or make a fuss out something like that, because in the long run, she's still my cousin, and I'll love her dearly no matter what, and I'm really happy for her.

I'd just like to hear it from her, y'know?

No comments: