Wednesday, August 12, 2009

So I've been reading a lot about Pick Up Assholes Artists. There's not a lot that really makes me lose faith in humanity, really, even though I know people out there in the world can be total fuckwads.

You know, society would be better off if we regarded everyone as people. Men, women, children, whatever ethnicity. The generality, a base common assumption, that everyone is person with hopes/dreams/anxieties/fears, and that it's different for every person. Occasionally, you meet a person who is stereotypical of the group that they're in, but for the most part, there isn't a stereotypical person.

And further, you don't get confidence by being arrogant nor by saying any magic lines to get chicks. Your +5 spell of "neg" is not going to really warm women up to you. And for the women it does work on, well, don't complain that you suddenly have a girlfriend with baggage...because she's got low self-esteem for it work on her. Women are not pussy vending machines, and any female person who has internalized that line of thought will have emotional problems. And I really have no sympathy for the whiners who "have trouble meeting women" or "get nervous around a girl (!) they like". You know, it works that way for us too. We get nervous and have trouble meeting men. (See: Any one of my million posts in which I whine that I can't get laid/find a man.) Of course, we have that extra "will he respect a 'no'?" layer to contend with.

Women, just like guys, get nervous meeting new people, loose any sense of English when they're around people that they like, and say stupid and/or embarrassing things that they didn't mean to. Dudes: we're people, not Vaginators with legs. My cunt isn't going to bite your precious penis off. If you fear my vagina, perhaps you are not heterosexual. And a good portion of us like to take swings on the skinpole, some all time, others every once in a while. (Of course, I'm excluding those women for which a skinpole is not an attraction.)

The hard part of it is the status guys. I think they are the most sad of all. They try to fuck as many "hot" women as they can, with "hot" meaning "what other people find hot". They have no desires or wills of their own, and their self-worth is tied up in objects that other people are supposed to crave. If "fat chicks" suddenly became the "in" thing to do, they'd be hitting on "fat chicks". I wonder if they even truly enjoy having sex - sex just for the sake of having sex. The concept that you have sex to "score" is so alien to me - I mean, yeah, I joke about it, but I never really mean it. Bedpost notching just seems so...unfun, like work. "Well, Bob's got five more than me, guess I better get cracking." Christ, now that I think about it, it really sounds like drudgery. Like the women whose sole goal is get "a husband". It's like there's a group of people who somehow have been led to believe that there's a store or something in which they can get theses objects (not people!) that they desire. "Fine Furniture and Husbands" or "Ye Olde Collectible Women Shoppe" or something like that, with signs that say, "Please do not lean on the display case" or "You break it, you buy it" or "Feel free to talk to our knowledgeable staff" or "Please see an associate for details".

(For the record, next time I'm in a bar, and someone is encroaching on my personal space, I think I'm going to have trouble not thinking, "Please do not lean on the display. Thanks!")

I can't imagine living in a world where sex is just another bodily function - like peeing - that has to be taken care of. It must really suck to be that person. I mean, it's fun! And stress-relieving! Well, so is masturbation, but honestly? Sex is way more fun. I mean, yeah, a person can get a little cranky when they're horny (or maybe it's just me), but you won't die without sex.

But then again, I'm a person, and I have sex with people. I want to, one day, have a relationship with a person. It's all about treating people as people and not as sex toys and furniture. I seriously don't understand why it's really hard for people not to get that.

No comments: