Sunday, August 09, 2009

So, I've read a few things off of Fuck My Life, and some are kinda funny, others just seem so obviously over the top. It's okay, but not totally hilarious.

Oh, but My Life Is Average is really, really, really funny. There are some really funny stories there.

I dunno why I find one more funny than the other...maybe it's just my sense of humor. I like to find humor in the mundane, primarily because the best or the worst rarely happens, and it's sometimes those little moments that are waaaay too funny.

Take yesterday, when I was at State Fair. One the vendors had a video playing of the product, and the word "Büff" came on the screen. I was thinking, What the hell is that? "Bueff?" I turned to my friend and said, "That guy is really bueff." It was very funny. Then, the creaky wheels in my head started, and I managed to say it in German: "Er sieht sehr Büff", just for the silly factor. But then we came up to the "Teeth Whitening" booth, and were terrified by the setup that looked rather sinister.

Life doesn't have to be awesome every moment, but sometimes, it's the little stuff that will get you.

No comments: