Saturday, August 15, 2009

"So, when are you moving down here? I can't wait!"

*sighs*

I love my brother, I really do. And it would be nice to move to somewhere where there's a coffee shop open late and you get a good a latte and sit by the window and write, even if there's no smoking. It would be nice to find a nice place and be able to make dinner for four and not have leftovers that you won't eat.

But I'd need to find a job there. Also, not cheap to live there. And I'd have to find a place as large as what I have, and I doubt I will ever luck into the deal I got for where I live. Or maybe I would. I'm really not an impulsive person. But when I think about what moving entails, I just get tired. I would have to pack up all of my shit and have it moved. I don't know if I really want to do that yet.

At the same time, though, the last of my friends will be moving out of the city. And yeah, the rest of the family's here, and I love the nephews lots, but they're all getting older, and it's been a few years since Gabrielle. I just don't know. I want a change of pace, to get out of here, since everything's turned boring and the only thing you can do late at night is go to Webb's or a bar or just drive around. This place has changed, and it's not as exciting or awesome as it used to be.

I really do want to run away. But that clashes with my unwillingness to change stuff. And I'd like to not worry about money as much as I do, although I probably shouldn't, because I'm really good with money.

*sigh*

At some point, dear brother, at some point.

No comments: