Wednesday, August 24, 2005

No Wisdom

Dear Biker Guy At The Bar,

All I have to say is thank you for listening to a lonely woman. Even if you laughed out of embarassment, (which I didn't think you did), you made me smile once (many times), in a bar with friends and a poisionous ex-boyfriend whom I rightly dismissed. My friends, being adults, entertained themselves, and my ex mostly kept to himself. I have victrolic hate for him, but until you came along, I was mistaken that it was for all men and not just him. You, in your one moment of either pity or attraction or boredom, let me see that I can be actually be a person on my own terms and still engange the opposite sex in interesting non-sexual conversation and still have someone either listen to me or pretend to listen to me. Maybe illusion is great, but I would like to think that what I was saying wasn't all that bad or weird. You stayed until last call and didn't run away like you were scared, like so many horrible men I know -- I don't know how old you are, but if you're my age, I really admire that. People younger than me admire other people who are even slightly older than than they are, but still, you didn't indicate that you were going to bolt because I'm a damn liberal and can make funny jokes about the "Religious Nuts". And that I'm Northern born and bred, but can still understand honkey tonk, and don't really care if someone's experiences are so totally different than mine. For you, you may have been bored and in want of conversation with a pretty girl, and instead, you got me. Not that I'm not beautiful, but when a zillion gay guys tell you that, and the two men you've actually dated long term are split on that decision, as a women you may begin to doubt your attractiveness/intelligence in even talking to a random strager. Even if I never I never see you again (which is completely likely), or you never talk to me at that bar again (which, again, is completely likely), I would like it on record that I thank you for restoring just a smidgen of faith in me about men. After all, I have the guys I dated/slept with and The Rude Pundit to compare (the latter of which, from NYTimes review, seemed extrodinarily hot) other guys to, and most men don't live up (or down, depending) to that. By the way, I felt that you were really hot, even though most girls don't go for that Jacket/Headband/Long Hair thing. I'm a sucker for long hair, especially if it's brown in color.

When it all comes down to it, I'm just a girl, looking at a hot guy, and I guess the beer and your hotness is what made me talk to you. That, and the jacket. If I never you see or talk to you again (and I pretty much expect that), I hope you have the life you dream of. But thanks anyway for listening to a liberal girl bitch about the Redneck President. It meant a lot to me. One day, maybe, I'll get to kiss someone as hot as you are, but until then, I will just dream...

Sincerely,
The Infamous Bar Mouse

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That evening spawned so many odd memories didn't it. Remind me next time to lick the walls so you catch gay and don't write about icky boys.

(NARF!)