Saturday, May 07, 2005

Reminders

You are like my friend Carla. You are like Leigh. You are like all of my friends. Well, at least most of them.

I asked John if he considered himself a feminist. He said yes. He is not. I cannot interrupt him, yet he feels he can interrupt me. I may make snide comments, but it's bad, and I'm being a bitch for doing so. When he does it, it's okay. He can interrupt my thoughts, and I can't interurrpt his. I must pay attention to him. I gave a scathing anyalsis of his family, and I was wrong and/or horrible and wrong for doing so, but it's okay to do that to my family. That's like sooooo Brendan or something. Oh, but he can't live with that once a month PMS. He put up with it for 2 years....why now? Something odd happened to him...how else to explain the awkwardness? He dosn't understand how odd he is...and it has nothing to do with the intelligence.

It's just him.

There are a certain set of people out there, in the world, who can't think beyond themselves. Actually, that's most of the people. They really and honestly can't think about things other than themselves. They can't think in terms of how/what other people can feel. And that's about 96% of the world. They can't even imagine that other people have feelings vastly different than their own. They are locked in their world. And that's him. Really, it is. He portrays himself as Not Normal, and he's entirely normal. That's what makes me mad. And he won't admit, even though he's in the top 5% of intelligence, he's so NOT in the top 5% for emotional intelligence. I have way more knowledge of people than he does. I'm not smart in the way he is, but he wants to guadge it that way, so that he actually appears smarter than he really is. Even though that's not what he claims to do, it is what he does. But he doesn't like it if you point that out to him. If I was a man, and said something, he'd remember it. But because I'm not, it's not worth noting.

What makes me bitter is that I can forgive hin for kicking me in the leg. Not forgotten, but forgiven. And a single bitter episode of PMS makes him not want to be with me?

Asshole. Major Asshole, First Gunner.

Arg.

No comments: