Sunday, May 08, 2005

The Booze Factor

Popcorn! How I love thee!

Sadly, my body's like, "So you have a diet of booze, I don't care!". Actually, my body has been craving booze more than actual food. I could live off of beer and still be functional. Really. It's odd....I go out, have beers, then get home, have tequila, then eat PB, and my body doesn't care. And I don't wake up hungover, like I have been for weeks. Now, I wake up, and dammit, it wants the tequila. If I were to go ahead and do that, my body would not mind. Seriously. I could live through the whole week, a sip (and really that, a sip) of tequila a day. I've thought about it, so I guess that makes me an alcoholic, that I would replace actual nutrition with booze. THAT I COULD LIVE OFF OF BOOZE. And it's been so tempting to me right now. To live off of booze. Who the hell at work is going to oppose me? No one, really. I'm genious at my job, oh, wait, and at OTHER people's jobs too. And with tequila, I can cope. I can be the alcoholic that I know rests inside. And I know I won't loose the pittance that they call my pay.

I have a college degree, and they don't acknowlege that. But it's the same for everyone. It doesn't matter how much schooling you've had, can you come in on time? They are loosing the best and brightest to other jobs, which are higher paying, than looking and developing a person's potential. Because I'm a "clerk", I can't break into underwriting. Because "I don't know enough". Excuse me? I have a college education in diplomacy...and I've heard the underwriters. You don't say, "no". You say, "let me look into this, and I'll let you know in 24-48 hours what the decision will be." My whole major is about diplomacy. WTF? And I have to be a CSR or a UT before I can be an underwriter? Um, Hello, International Relations? As in, "Well that's good that you lost a lot of weight under your diet, but I still have to look at the guidlines" kind of thing? Uh, I majored in diplomcy. A graduate, in fact. But I still have to maintain a monkey postition to get anything? Yeah, and management learned from the Zoo. I'm not stupid, but there aren't enough jobs for me. Gonna take advantage of that? Oh, hell, then I'm looking around for something else. HA!

No comments: