Saturday, April 27, 2002

People Crazier Than I

There seems to be a lot of craziness going around. I myself have never been diagnosed with anything, and actually, sometimes I think that people are diagnosed with imaginary illnesses...ie, they don't have anything really wrong with them, but the fact that someone gives it a label makes them feel better. I'm not knocking anyone with real illnesses that affect their daily lives. I say this because some people just don't try hard in life to really understand themselves and they sit around and act foolish. It's insulting, at least to me, that people will go down the list of any mental illness, say that they have it, just for the pity and attention that they receive. Maybe I'm crazy. Maybe I'm not. I don't know, and even though I can find out, it still doesn't matter that much to me. It won't explain away the truly strange and psychic events that I've encountered. Logically, I could be delusional, but illogically, I'm not. Life is a paradox and until you realize it, then you have no idea what to do in life. But despite my delusions, I don't care if you think I'm crazy and I really don't care if you feel sorry for me or not. That's just how I am...everyone's got problems, we're human, cry me a river. And then I meet people who really need a clue. I hate people so full of themselves it's annoying. Yeah, I'm guilty of acting that way -- hell, I have a weblog -- but I try not to actually believe it. And in a way, that's what people seem to believe. People who start clubs with requirements that you have to be dealing with your mental illness. People who always talk about it. People who come very close to using it as an excuse for the choices they make. Granted, you may not be in a healthy mindset, but not all of it is going to be your disease that makes you act that way. Insecurity is not a disease. And if you think I'm being insensitive, I am. I was hyperinsecure once. I know what it's like. It's not a disease, it's the way you're trained to think. It can be untrained and unlearned. It takes a lot of hard work to untrain yourself but it's doable. Insecurity makes a person so incrediably selfish that it just rankles my psychic nerve. And then they act like they're helpless to it. That annoys me further. Oh, well, I guess I have to take it in stride. Breathe in, breathe out, remember anger management...

No comments: