Wednesday, September 02, 2009

The nephew turns 5.

This child and I get along well. It's kind of eerie how well we get along. I am amazed. He does a lot of talking. At 3, when I took him to the mall, he suddenly sat down on the floor, and refused to move. No temper tantrum, no screaming, but a ten minute discussion on how we were going to leave, and that he could come back to the mall later, and how it would be more fun to leave if we pretend we were swimming back to the car. And the pain! The child comes up with so many ways for "his guys" to die, it's really amusing and disturbing at the same time. The whole elaborate setup of "guys" and ways they have to die.

(I really wonder where he gets this. He really doesn't watch anything too violent. One wonders if it's all Oswald and Pinky Dinky Doo.)

But anyway, he starts school soon. And it will be hilarious, I bet. He's very cautious around strangers. He has to observe first, then go ahead.

I can't wait to hear it.

No comments: