Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Dear Yahoo,

While I don't care whether Yahoo 360 shuts down or that Geocities is going away, I am miffed that you shut down Yahoo Music.

You see, I have this here blog, so Yahoo 360 wasn't the ideal place to put things. I mean, yeah, I used it for the insipid OkCupid questions and some of the stumbling stuff, but really, I had a whole of seven posts over a three year period. I've recreated the posts here and that's cool. And I really didn't need a website anyway, because I'm really not that interesting. I'm pretty fucking boring.

But the Yahoo Music...that was cool. I was very sorry to see it go, as it had been superior to Rhapsody, what with the fucking hijacker Real Player. It was confusing and stupid, and the tech support was awful. It was a bitch to use when I was four sheets to the wind. But Yahoo Music was good! And the tech support was awesome! It was everything that I wanted in a music service and more! I really loved the random trivia that would come up. It made me feel smarter, like I almost could be an Insufferable Music Snob. For that, I thank you.

Sincerely,
A Long Time Customer

No comments: