Wednesday, March 27, 2002

Ugh

Little Wisdom, Lots o' Nugget:

Don't drink with the Jesus people. And don't drink with the Jesus people's children who've selected the downward spiral to sin. As much as they think that they've rejected their parents' religion, they'll still raise a stink about pegan beliefs. And don't trust anyone who starts out a statement with "I'm not [insert appropriate label here], but..." If they have to say that, they are. If you hold one ounce of a racist belief, then you're still racist. If you hold one iota of male chauvinism, then you are. Maybe not on a Grand Dragon or mysoginist (I think that's the word...) scale, but you still have it. I always ask people if my beliefs are rascist...I'm not shy like that. I have to be aware, I have to ask. I think more people should turn to the person standing next to them at a bus stop and say, "I've heard this thing...is it true? Does that sound rascist to you?" There are so many people with misconceptions of the cultures that live here...am I not the only person who realizes that family background matters?

Anyway, I thought that I'd share that with you. And I'm getting really tired of young girls and boys who really, really need to grow up. I don't just want maturity, I want to know mature people. Oh, well, can't have it all, can we....

No comments: