Friday, December 18, 2009

Dear People,

Taking the bus to work and back is not a travesty nor a hardship. It's pretty much just get on the fucking bus and pull the cord when it's your stop. If there are marauding rapists on the bus, I've yet to see them rape people on the bus. Don't act like it's the bus to prison. Also, five downtown blocks is not a lot, nor should it be for someone of my age. I'm just out of shape. You do realize that there are many people who have to walk one to two miles to get to a bus stop, and that they're proficient at it. And as for "I wouldn't know how to take a bus", really? See above directions. If the couple from Montana who had no idea where the hell they were going - and shame on their son for not giving them better directions - and still managed to figure out how to ride the bus, I think you could. It's not a mystery.

(I will say, though, now I know why there's instructions on how to ride the bus on the website.)

As for the bus "not being safe", I beg to differ. Most bus drivers have a vested interest in making sure the passengers are safe. Plus, if you ride regularly, they know who you are. That's always been the case anytime I've taken the bus. Plus, I catch the bus downtown. Yeah, it's Christmas, so there's some people about, but really? It's almost a ghost town at 6 pm. And the crazies will leave you alone if you leave them alone.

Seriously, people. The bus isn't as bad as you think it is.

No comments: