Monday, November 24, 2008

A Very Ridiculous Day.

So, I went into the dentist today. I was under the impression that it was just a casting of my teeth for the cap that they have to place on the tooth that had the Root Canal From Hell. Now, why on earth would I get that impression? I mean, both when I made the appointment as well as when they called to remind me, I was told it was just a casting.

But today was Monday, that magical day of such delight and wonder. So instead of 40 minutes, it was a an hour, and they placed a temporary cap on my tooth. It was 9:35 when I left the dentist...and I was already late for work. Of course, even with the snow, I'm only 5 minutes away, and will be there rather soon, you think?

Of course not. Why would it work out that way? It was, of course, Monday.

On my way to work, there was construction, complete with a guy holding a sign that had "slow" and "stop" on it (and as I approached, guess which side I got...), as well a truck parked across the two lane street, a slow-moving bus, then an ambulance, and an accident at the largest intersection.

A five minute drive took 20 fucking minutes.

Ah, Monday. And don't get me started on all of the douchebags that I got on my phone today....

No comments: