Thursday, June 15, 2006

Strange Things.

So I was walking out of work last night, lighting up a cigarette, when I noticed a car parked on the street. Not too remarkable, since cars usually park there. There was a person in it. And for a moment, I thought it was my mother. So much so, that I amlost yelled out "Mom" to the person in the car, thinking she was visiting me at work. And then the little voice in my head stopped me, Uh, it can't be Mom. You know that. So I took another glace which threatened to be a stare. Why? Because even on second glance, it looked like my mother. The glasses. The hair. The clothes. The face. I just calmly walked across the street then, choking back tears and listening to my coworker babble about the poker game on his phone. But person still looked like my mom. And then she drove off. I know that it wasn't her, but still...that person could have been a dead ringer for her.

Needless to say, I was freaked out by this.

No comments: