Friday, June 02, 2006

Crossroads.

There but to stand at Crossroads of Eternity,
to smile upon known unknown,
vast swaths of certain uncertainy.
Might I stand nobly before these roads,
but for a moment, to take in solemn dignity,
a thought of what path has led me here -
the tribluations, the waxing and waning
of years gone by swiftly, gently.
And as I turn to once more study
that which lies so quietly behind me,
I see rows and fields of knowledge,
carefully sowed and reaped.
But as any dutiful entreprenuer,
I look ahead to the vast land before me,
waiting to be sowed and reaped;
for in this fallow ground here
is where the mystery lies, waiting deep.
I will go on ahead, tools at the ready,
and wander through Eternity.
And maybe when I get there,
when I lay fast asleep among memory,
those weary travelers who tread carefully,
will stop at these crossroads
to admire the beauty and mystery;
and encouraged by what was planted before,
they will seek to plant anew the knowledge
at the Crossroads of Eternity.

No comments: