Thursday, July 04, 2002

Well, Then

Here's how my night went (and why I'm mad):

In the coffee shop:
I walk up to the coffee shop. Miss Kitty and my friend are sitting outside talking. Miss Kitty didn't want to go in. My friend wanted to talk to a guy that was out there. I go inside, get my coffee, and read the newspaper. Miss Kitty comes in, gets a coffee, sits down with me. My friend decides to come in, then goes back out (because the guy is there), then comes back in, and then sits around waiting for a chance to talk to the guy alone. (That, of course, doesn't happen. He leaves before she gets the chance to talk to him.) Then she sits elsewhere and when 10 pm rolls around, she asks if I want to leave to go to the Hipster Bar. (I was going there and she wanted to come with.) I told her I'd leave in a little while. I wanted to listen to some music and maybe write a little. She comes back. We leave.

In the Hipster Bar:
We're sitting at the bar. I buy her a beer. I try to make conversation. She's not talking...she's looking out for the guy who she wanted to talk to. She talks to him and says what she has to say. She finishes her beer and then leaves and goes to the coffee shop. I am now sitting alone. I am mad at this point. At least have the decency to talk to me. Grrrr. And if you're looking out for someone specific, then go to the bar alone. Don't go with me and pretend like you're going to talk to me. I hate that. She comes back and orders another drink. I've had a beer, two shots, and am on my second beer. Some guy tries to hit on me. I go hide out by Mr. Owens. At this time, she left the bar to go to someone's house to talk to them. She comes back, plays pool with Mr. Owens, takes a few sips out of my third and fourth beers, pulls out a book and reads. At some point, I asked Mr. Owens if I could hang out with him for an hour or two because I was a bit tipsy. He says yes. And then, as we leave, she decides she's going to hang out, too. I've had enough by this point so I go to my car and go home. Better he deal with her. I didn't want to. All I wanted to do was sit around with him and talk to him. I'm sure she did, too, but she doesn't talk much and I don't like that. It makes me mad. She rankles my nerves all the time. Yeah, I want to get laid too....Yeah, I want a boyfriend....Yeah, I get depressed. BUT I DON'T MAKE A SHOW OF IT! Grrrrrr. More and more, I'm agreeing with The Artist: women are selfish assholes. Don't go around trying to get laid and when you can't, don't act as if you suddenly want to hang out. Makes me ill. So at one point during the night, I took her ring and gave her a little on-the-spot reading of herself. Maybe I'll creep her out enough that she won't want to be around me. Hehehehehe. Yeah...creepy...I can handle that....

No comments: