Thursday, January 05, 2006

On A More Serious Note

The Rude Pundit visited some of the carnage that still exists in New Orleans and surrounding neighborhoods. It makes me want to cry.

I know that it takes time to rebuild. There are houses still with FEMA tarps on them from Hurricane Andrew in Florida. But I wonder, how long will it be? And you know, why? Is this what my tax dollars get me? I work and pay taxes, and all it gets is the inevitable death of entire cities and neighborhoods? Fuck that, makes me not want to pay taxes anymore. What about schools? I pay taxes for those. Or hell, about twelve thousand other things that I would prefer that my tax money went to instead of a bunch of lying, money grubbing cowards who want to throw away America for the Almighty Dollar. People who want everyone to live in fear and despair so that not only can they make a profit, they can fill their swimming pools and yachts with quarters and dive around in it.

It makes me sick.

No comments: